This resource page contains targeted resources and learning opportunities on Life Course for MCH professionals. This collection is intended to assist the MCH workforce integrate the Life Course Perspective into their work at the local, state, and national levels.
Table of Contents
Trainings from the MCH Navigator
- Changing Paradigms in Maternal and Child Health: Innovative Lessons from the Life Course. Date Developed:7/18/2012. Source: Alabama Department of Public Health and the Alabama Public Health Training Center. Presenter(s):Cheri Pies, MSW, DrPH; Bina Shrimali, MPH. Type: Video Course. Level: Intermediate. Length: 82 minutes.
- InBrief: The Foundations of Lifelong Health. Date Developed: 2011. Source: Center on the Developing Child, Harvard University. Presenter(s): Jack P. Shonkoff, MD; Tom Boyce; Bruce S. McEwen, PhD; Bernard Guyer, MD, MPH; David R. Williams. Type: Video. Level: Intermediate. Length: 8 minutes.
- Life-Course Health Development Model. Date Developed: 10/16/2008. Source: CityMatCH . Presenter(s): Neal Halfon, MD, MPH; Martha King, MSW, MPA; Cheri Pies, MSW, DrPH. Type: Video Webinar. Level: Intermediate. Length: 90 minutes.
- Life Course Nutrition: Maternal and Child Health Strategies in Public Health. Date Developed: 2011. Source:Northwest Center for Public Health Practice. Presenter(s): Donna B. Johnson, PhD, RD, Elizabeth Adams, PhD, RD, Marion Taylor Baer, PhD, RD, Leslie Cunningham-Sabo, PhD, RD, Dena Herman, PhD, MPH, RD. Type: Online Course. Level:Introductory. Length: 75 minutes.
- Life Course Perspectives on Health. Date Developed: Fall 2011. Source: Johns Hopkins School of Public Health Department of Population, Family and Reproductive Health. Presenter(s): Robert Blum, M.D., M.P.H., Ph.D.; M.E. Hughes, Ph.D., M.A.. Type: Online Course. Level: Advanced. Length: Self-paced.
- Measuring a Life Course Approach to MCH: The AMCHP Life Course Metrics Project and Final Set of Indicators. Date Developed: 11/19/2013. Source: Association of Maternal and Child Health Programs (AMCHP). Presenter(s): Caroline Stampfel, MPH (moderator); William Sappenfield, MD, MPH; Ghasi Phillips, ScD, MS; Brenda Fink, Brenda Fink, ACSW.Type: Webinar Archive. Level: Intermediate. Length: n.a.. Final set of life course indicators and supporting resources.
Resources from NCEMCH
- MCH Life Course Toolbox. Online resource to share information, innovative strategies, and tools to integrate the Life Course perspective into MCH at the local, state, and national levels. Developed by CityMatCH, Contra Costa Health Services, and the California Endowment with funding from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
February 2014; Updated August 2015