Date Developed: 03/11/2016. Source: Health Resources and Services Administration. Presenter(s): Heather O'Hara, MD, MSPH; R. Lyle Cooper, PhD, LCSW. Type: Webinar. Level: Introductory. Length: 90 minutes.
This webinar presents a discussion about the evidence-based practice SBIRT: screening, brief intervention, and referral to treatment. SBIRT is used to identify, reduce, and prevent problematic use, abuse, and dependence on alcohol and illicit drugs. Strategies for motivational interview skills, key screening methods and tools are also presented.
• Explain what SBIRT means.
• Describe why SBIRT is useful.
• Interpret the risk level of alcohol use determined through screening processes.
• Interpret the risk level of drug use determined through screening processes.
• Identify the central tenets of motivational interviewing.