Date Developed: 2013. Source: University of Minnesota School of Public Health. Presenter(s): Anne Barry, JD, MPH. Type: Online Course. Level: Introductory. Length: Self-paced.
All in the practice of public health know the importance of financial resources to carry out their activities. This very basic introduction course provides a definition of the growing field of public health finance, assists students to develop a working knowledge of the planning cycles in governmental public health organizations, understand how to navigate and use budget planning documents, forecasts, governmental financial statements, and grants to support important public health activities and priorities.
• Define public health finance
• Describe the Minnesota budget and forecast process
• Explore public finance using examples from Minnesota health department s budget
• Develop an understanding of financial statements
• Understand the basics of grant proposals
To access this course, you first need to create an account