Date Developed: 12/08/2011. Source: Public Health Accreditation Board. Presenter(s): n.a.. Type: Online Course. Level: Introductory. Length: 45 minutes.
This module provides an overview of the entire public health department accreditation process. Despite the important role public health departments play in our communities, there has not been a national system for ensuring their accountability and quality—until now. Other community services and organizations, such as schools, daycare centers, police departments, and hospitals, have seen the value of accreditation. Now, there is an opportunity for public health departments to have their performance measured, demonstrate accountability within their communities, and show a measurable return on investment in public health and prevention.
• Describe the mission and purpose of PHAB.
• Describe why accreditation is important.
• List the benefits of accreditation.
• Identify basic concepts of the accreditation process.
• State the number of domains in the PHAB standards and measures.