Date Developed: Unknown. Source: Upper Midwest Public Health Training Center. Presenter(s): Rebecca Lang EdD, RDH, CHES. Type: Online Course. Level: Introductory Intermediate. Length: 60 minutes.
This course is designed to equip healthcare providers and ancillary staff with the knowledge and tools to optimize patient behavior change to ultimately improve health outcomes. The following are the topics that will be covered in this course:
• Components of Motivational Interviewing (MI)
• Benefits of Using Motivational Interviewing
• Traditional Expert-Centered Model vs. MI Patient-Centered Model
• Principles of Motivational Interviewing
• Readiness to Elicit Change Talk
• Implement effective patient communication strategies based on individualized readiness to make a behavior change.
• Increase healthcare providers’ knowledge on the importance and utilization of the patient-centered model of behavior change.
• Implement motivational interviewing techniques during patient visits for improved health outcomes.
To access this course, you first need to create an account