Date Developed: 2009. Source: Upper Midwest Public Health Training Center. Presenter(s): n.a.. Type: Online Course. Level: Intermediate. Length: 60 minutes.
This course is designed for leaders and professionals who work in public health. The goal is to provide them with an awareness of quality improvement and how it can be used in public health to "work smarter, not harder".
There are four sections in this course:
Section 1: CQI Myths
Section 2: Brief Overview of CQI
Section 3: Incorporating CQI into Organizational Culture
Section 4: Demonstrating How CQI works in Governmental Public Health – A Case Study
• Describe three common myths of CQI and the corresponding reality.
• Define continuous quality improvement and how it can be used to enhance organizational performance.
• Describe common characteristics of CQI.
• Describe the elements needed for an organization to successfully implement and sustain CQI activities.
• Discuss how to successfully incorporate CQI into an organization's culture.
• Identify examples of how CQI has been implemented in a local public health agency.
To access this course, you first need to create an account