URL 1: http://bit.ly/1zI9e6L
Date Developed: 06/27/2013. Source: University of Minnesota School of Public Health. Presenter(s): Sue Plaster, MEd. Type: Webcast. Level: Introductory. Length: Self-paced.
This workshop is designed to prepare participants as leaders in their respective public health organizations to both prepare for and take part in structured leadership presentations and conversations about their succession plans. The format of the training and exercises show the participants how to integrate workforce and leadership diversity into each step of their activities.
The workshop components include an overview of succession planning with mini-exercises to try out the concepts, explanation of a seven-step succession and diversity presentation method, a review of how staff development activities tie to succession planning work, introduction of templates for succession planning, and a deep dive into the methods for integrating diversity and cultural competence work into succession analysis.
• Learn the purpose, terminology and basic methods of succession planning.
• Understand methods, approaches and templates for a succession planning and talent review process that integrates diversity into the conversation.
• Learn practices that improve diversity sourcing, recruitment and retention.
• Discuss how to best integrate workforce diversity status and health equity assessment into succession planning work.
• Understand the benefits of linking planning and diversity and have concrete ideas how to do so for their respective organizations.
To access this course, you first need to create an account.