Date Developed: 2006. Source: Upper Midwest Public Health Training Center. Presenter(s): n.a.. Type: Online Course. Level: Introductory. Length: 60 minutes.
This course is for public health leaders who may need to solve a problem or crisis by thinking critically about it and make appropriate decisions using an established six step model.
• Identify and clearly define a problem situation.
• Gather facts about a problem situation in an efficient and effective manner.
• Identify and categorize any constraints on possible solutions to a problem situation.
• Employ an appropriate method to effectively generate alternative solutions to a problem situation.
• Use a set of criteria (feasibility, suitability, and flexibility) to evaluate alternative solutions to a problem situation.
• Develop an action plan for implementing a solution to a problem situation.
• Monitor progress after implementing a solution to a problem situation to evaluate whether or not objectives are met.
To access this course, you first need to create an account