Date Developed: Unknown. Source: South Central Public Health Partnership. Presenter(s): Francoise Grossmann, RN, MPH. Type: Interactive Learning Tool. Level: Introductory. Length: Self-paced.
This session discusses the importance of outcome evaluation in establishing a causal link between an intervention and observed results. The first part of this session focuses on identifying proper outcome measures; the second part focuses on the different types of evaluation designs. Participants get to formulate outcome evaluation questions and identify an evaluation design for the Child Wellness Program.
• Define the purpose of outcome evaluation.
• Identify and formulate outcome evaluation questions.
• Identify selection of evaluation designs.
• Describe most common bias to internal validity.
• Apply knowledge to identify and formulate outcome evaluation questions for the Child Wellness Program.