Date Developed: 1/1/2011. Source: New York - New Jersey Public Health Training Center. Presenter(s): New York - New Jersey Public Health Training Center. Type: Online Course. Level: Introductory. Length: 60 minutes.
This interactive tutorial takes learners through the program development process, including identifying a problem, planning, and implementation. The module further focuses on evaluation by describing stakeholders and explaining the difference between formative and summative evaluation. Through question and answer interactions, creating program goals, SMART objectives and logic models are also covered. The tutorial additionally describes factors that may influence program outcomes.
• Recognize how evaluation fits within the program development process.
• List three reasons why public health program evaluations are important.
• Explain the difference between formative and summative program evaluations.
• Describe at least five aspects of a public health program that can be measured.
• Identify at least two factors external to a public health program that may affect its evaluation.
Registration is required. Click on "Enroll in NTNJ PHTC". Click on "Enroll" and click "Create an account now".