Financial Planning & Management Skills
Module 7.2: 5 Learning Opportunities
This module builds on what we learned about this competency by introducing you to 5 learning opportunities from the MCH Navigator catalog.
Click below to: Learn more with our 5 learning opportunities, Comment on this module's trainings, and Interact with other MCH professionals who are also taking the Public Health Pronto program.
These 5 learning opportunities represent some of the most relevant and/or recent online trainings in the field and have been chosen based on their ease of access, focus, brevity, and their integration with principles necessary to advance the transformation of the MCH Block Grant. Trainings have been identified by MCH Navigator staff and further vetted by a group of MCH experts in the states and in academic settings.
Take one or all of the trainings to sharpen your knowledge and skills, either individually or with your colleagues as a team-building exercise.
- Introduction to Proposal Writing. Year Developed: 2015. Source: Foundation Center. Presenter(s): Caroline Herbert. Type: Video. Level: Introductory. Length: 28 minutes. YouTube Video
- Planning and Budgeting for Public Health: Part I - The Business Plan | Part II - The Budget. Year Developed: 2013. Source: University of Minnesota School of Public Health. Presenter(s): Anne Barry, JD, MPH. Type: Online Course. Level: Introductory. Length:Self-paced. List of all courses
- Financial Management. Year Developed: n.a.. Source: University of Iowa College of Public Health's Institute for Public Health Practice. Presenter(s): Jeff Horne. Type: Online Course. Level: Introductory. Length: Self-paced.
- Return on Investment. Year Developed: 2013. Source: Northwest Center for Public Health Practice. Presenter(s): Wendy Baesler, MA. Type: Webinar Archive. Level: Intermediate. Length: 60 minutes.
- How Can Use of the Performance Standards Drive National, State and Local Public Health Policy?. Year Developed:2008. Source: Alabama Public Health Training Network. Presenter(s): Laura Landrum, MUPP; Judy Monroe, MD; F. Douglas Scutchfield, MD. Type: Video Lecture. Level: Advanced. Length: 85 minutes.
If you experience any technical difficulties with any page in the Public Health Pronto Program, please email us.
Comment on the Learning Opportunities...
Share your learning experiences with others here. Explain how you will use what you have learned, ask questions about the trainings, or suggest additional trainings.
Click for Discussion Form
If you can't see/access the form above, please email comments to email@example.com.
See What Others are Saying...
Tell us how you will use what you have learned:
- I watched the Introduction to Proposal Writing video. I loved the tips on finding the right fit and tailoring the proposal to the funder.
- Thanks for highlighting resources from the Catalyst Center. I can't believe it's been so long since I've been on their websites...just too much to keep up on. But this was a good reminder of the CSHCN services they offer. Important stuff.
- I looked at video #4 Incorporating Partners and will better understand the healthcare debate as a result of this resource. Thinking about FFS and P4P was really interesting.