How can I use the Self Assessment?
View a presentation about MCH Navigator innovations and how to use the new online self-assessmentThe new online self-assessment provides a personalized learning plan and tracks increases in knowledge and skills longitudinally. It is being adapted by state Title V/CYSHCN departments as well as schools of public health to document advances in professional development.
- Individually. Register to take the full assessment in one sitting or by competency. Download, print, or have your personalized learning plan emailed to access learning opportunities based on your interests and needs. Log back in to retake the assessment to track growth in your knowledge and skills.
- As a group. In state or local health settings to provide professional development for your staff or as part of your department's strategic goals or as part of their performance review process. To coordinate shared learning opportunities, by analyzing needs across staff. In academic settings, to measure students' increased knowledge and skills, to supplement coursework, or to provide additional training for faculty and staff.
You can also download a BROCHURE for a summary of how to use.
Its easy to begin learning ...
- Register or Log in. By registering, you can return to the assessment and your personalized learning plan at any time by logging in. Registration provides the project with critical information about who is using the tool.
- Choose 1 or 2 Options. Take the assessment in one siting or each competency individually. You can log back in to start where you left off. For each competency, you will be asked a series of questions to gauge the relevance of your knowledge/skills
- Get Your Personalized Learning Plan. You can save, print, or download your plan. The plan contains tips and questions on how to approach your learning; a chart that summarizes your strengths and areas of growth; online learning opportunities that are matched to your needs; and ways to keep motivated in learning. You can access your past results to see how you have grown professionally over time.
You can also access additional self-assessments to learn more about your strengths and areas of needed growth.