Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
Module 6.2: 5 Learning Opportunities
This module builds on what we learned about MCH Leadership Competencies 1-5 by introducing you to 5 learning opportunities about Competency 6: Negotiation and Conflict Resolution from the MCH Navigator catalog.
Click below to: Learn more with our 5 learning opportunities, Comment on this module's trainings, and Interact with other MCH professionals who are also taking the 5-Minute MCH program.
These 5 learning opportunities represent some of the most relevant and/or recent online trainings in the field and have been chosen based on their ease of access, focus, brevity, and their integration with principles necessary to advance the transformation of the MCH Block Grant. Trainings have been identified by MCH Navigator staff and further vetted by a group of MCH experts in the states and in academic settings.
Take one or all of the trainings to sharpen your knowledge and skills, either individually or with your colleagues as a team-building exercise.
- Conflict Resolution Process. Developed: 2015. Source: Grand Valley State University, Human Resource Department. Type: YouTube video. Level: Introductory. Length: 3 minutes.
- Dare to Disagree. Developed: 2012. Source: TED Lectures. Presenter(s): Margaret Heffernan. Type: Video Archive. Level: Intermediate. Length: 13 minutes.
- City Leaders: Negotiation and Conflict Resolution (...a Core MCH Leadership Competency). Developed: 2011. Source: University of Maryland University College in collaboration with CityMatCH. Presenter(s): Kathleen F. (Kay) Edwards, PhD. Type: Narrated Slide Presentation. Level: Intermediate. Length: 84 minutes. NOTE: The video begins with a slide about an upcoming topic. The opening slide for this topic displays at the end of minute 2.
- Negotiating Team Conflicts Productively. Developed: 2013. Source: People on the Go. Presenter(s): Eugene Dilan, PsyD. Type: Video Lecture. Level: Introductory. Length: 50 minutes.
- Managing Conflict at Work: Effective Strategies for Successful Resolution. Developed: 2015. Source: HRDQ-U. Presenter(s): Martin Delahoussaye. Type: Webinar Archive. Level: Intermediate. Length: 50 minutes.
If you experience any technical difficulties with any page in the 5-Minute MCH Program, please email us.
Comment on the Learning Opportunities...
Share your learning experiences with others here. Explain how you will use what you have learned, ask questions about the trainings, or suggest additional trainings.
Click for Discussion Form
If you can't see/access the form above, please email comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See What Others are Saying...
- "The piece on Daring to Disagree was out of the box for me. I always consider conflict to be a bad thing, but when you turn that concept on its head, you realize that good conflict is actually productive. The key is in keeping the tension positive to get to other points of view. Thanks for sharing."
- "As a supervisor, I have to tell you that I spend a lot of each day managing difficult personnel situations. Any assistance in how to do this will be helpful. I'm going to bookmark this for future use."